Search ×
Saturday, October 19, 2019


University Student Excuses

  • Thursday, May 4, 2017

An enrolled student whose circumstances prevent him/her from attendance shall submit a suspension application in the first month of the academic year and that shall be renewed every year with submission of new forms until the circumstances are over. Such procedures shall be done in accordance with the provisions of Article 209 of the executive regulations of Law No. (103) of 1961, as amended by the Presidential Decree No. (250) for the year 1975.

Second: Article 220 if the student fails to take the exam as a result of force majeure accepted by the faculty council, student’s absence will not be counted as a failure, provided that excuses do not exceed two subsequent or frequent times. A student may be granted a third chance as per the approval of the University Council. The student has the right to apologize for three years during the university academic years. Apologies for the first and second semesters are considered as a single excuse, provided that each is submitted separately.


Tuition fees for 2017 / 2018 Academic Year

Under Construction


Educational services provided by the department of Education Affairs to theoretical and scientific faculties


A student’s card is the student’s ID used during the academic year in campus, and she/he is dealt with accordingly.

Issuance Conditions:

Students complete enrollment procedures at the Faculty, and have their military status determined and medical examination finalized, etc.

Issuance Procedures:


A student goes to the student affairs officer in charge of the academic group to finalize enrollment procedures.
A student receives a payment order.
A student heads to the treasury for payment of the fees announced in the Faculty and as per the University Council Decree. 
The officer in charge reviews the receipt of payment and receives a personal photo from the student.
The competent officer executes the ID card, attaches the personal photograph and delivers it to the student. Such procedures shall be performed daily within the working hours.
Reissuance of a Lost ID Card:



A Student files a police report. 
A Student submits an application to the Faculty Dean.
A student receives a payment order of the prescribed fees from the competent officer upon the Dean’s consent.
A student pays the prescribed fees to the treasurer as per the University Council decree.
A student provides the payment receipt to the officer in charge of his/her academic group in order to receive the ID card.
A Student receives the new ID card.



Social solidarity within colleges
A Student submits to the faculty a social status research from the social unit (the student residence).
A student presents a certified and stamped income statement of the family.
If a student’s guardian is a civil servant, he/she (student) presents a stamped salary breakdown.
If a student’s guardian is retired, he/she (student) provides a stamped pension statement. 
If a student’s guardian is a farmer, he/ she (student) submits a letter from the respective agriculture association proving his/ her father’s possession of land and a statement of an estimated income.
A proof of income from the social unit of student's residence made if his / her guardian is a self-employed.
A student provides a proof of enrollment.
A student hands a copy of his/ her personal ID and of his /her guardian.
A social worker conducts a social status research for data verification and for estimation of needed assistance.
Documents are approved and sealed with the republic stamp by the faculty student affairs unit and by the faculty's director. Once researches are completed, a committee is formed to select cases to be assisted.
Assistance is provided by the Social Solidarity Fund and a student cashes the allocated money by virtue of a payment form approved by the University's accounting unit. Money is cashed in the faculty by the expenses officer.         



Opportunities offered to students to remain enrolled if failed
Colleges with Preparatory Year


Two Years
Two-Year Enrollment has a chance to be approved by the Faculty Council
1st year
Two-year Enrollment and three-year as Auditor have a chance to be approved separately by the Faculty Council
2nd year (Sophomore)
Two-year Enrollment and three-year Auditor have a chance to be approved separately by the Faculty Council
3rd year
Two-year Enrollment and three-year as Auditor. Then the number of dropped courses shall be re-examined if they are less than half the number of other subjects and has the right to complete as non-counted as dropped-out subjects.
4th year  (Senior)


Colleges of Non-Preparatory Year
Two Years
1st Grade
Two-Year and One- Year Enrollment
2nd Grade
Two-Year and Three- Year Enrollment
3rd Grade
Two-Year and Three- Year Enrollment
4th Grade
Withdrawal of Enrolled and Exhausted Students’ Documents
Prerequisites for withdrawal of enrolled students’ documents:
The faculty dean has to approve a student’s application.
A student’s parent/ guardian must be present.
If the parent/guardian is not able to be present, an authenticated proxy must be submitted.



Procedures of withdrawal:



A withdrawal application is forwarded to the faculty dean demonstrating the reasons of withdrawal.
A competent officer takes an affidavit from a student and his/her parent establishing that the student is no longer entitled to study at the university. A student must sign the affidavit before the officer.
The application is submitted to the dean of the Faculty. The officer in charge delivers a student his/her profile and certificate of dismissal.
A student pays the fees announced in the faculty and prescribed by the university council.
Procedures of withdrawal for exhausted students are the same except for his/ her parent/guardian are not required to be present nor fees are paid.
Inventions and scientific research Competition



4 May 2017 
The competition of inventions and scientific research is organized by the National party secretariat in December 2009
For the conditions of the contest and the value of the prizes, please contact the department of the scientific and technological activity in the new central laboratories building next to the Faculty of Science for boys, Third floor.


Illness Excuses:


A student submits an application and an attached medical certificate to the dean of the Faculty. They indicate the period and date of the excuse including the whole period of examinations schedule. The certificate is approved by the treating doctor or by a public or a university hospital.

Obtaining the consent of the dean of the Faculty for referral to the Medical Committee in El- Hussein Hospital for boys or to A-l Zahra hospital for girls.

A student is referred to the competent medical committee by a letter to the said hospital.

When the competent medical committee approves the excuse of the student, a memorandum of the medical condition of the student is to be prepared and submitted to the Faculty council.

The application is reviewed by the Faculty council.

A notification of acceptance or rejection of the excuse is sent to the student’s address.

Issuance of a Proof of Enrollment:

A proof of enrollment is a certificate issued by the faculty to the entity that a student would like to address. It proves that the student is enrolled in the faculty.

Issuance Conditions:

A student is enrolled in the faculty during the same academic year.

A student identifies the entity to which the proof is to be submitted.

The consent of the Dean of the Faculty.

Student's Violations and Disciplinary Sanctions:

Any violation of the University laws, regulations and instructions shall be considered a disciplinary offence including the following in particular:

Breaching faculty regulations and damaging university facilities.

Schooling disruption or incitation for disruption or intentional refrain from attending classes, lectures and performance of other university activities stipulated by the regulations.

All acts of dishonorable offences or in contradictory with good conduct.

Violation of rules and cheating or attempts thereof.

Assemblies inside the university without taking permission from the competent authorities.

Sitting-ins inside the university buildings or participation in demonstrations in violation of the public order and ethics.

Any student who cheats or attempts to in the exam and is caught red-handed shall be dismissed from the examination room by the Dean of the faculty or his/her representative and shall be denied to sit for the examination of the remaining subjects. In this case, a student shall be considered failed in all subjects and shall be referred to the Disciplinary Board.

Disciplinary Sanctions Resulting from Student’s Suspension:

Oral or written ultimatum.

Deprivation of some of student services.

Denial of attending some courses for two months maximum.

Dismissal from the faculty for one month maximum.

Deprivation from sitting for the exam in one or more subjects.

Canceling a student's exam in one or more subjects.

Dismissal from the faculty for a semester maximum.

Final dismissal from the university and the dismissal resolution shall be reported to the University faculties as well as to other universities. Accordingly, a student shall not be allowed to enroll and sit for the exams in the Egyptian universities.

Requirements of Student Stipends:

4 May2017

A new male or female student is rewarded 120 Egyptian pounds annually provided that they are ranked as of the top ten in the Azharite Secondary certificate.

A new Student who got 80 percent at least in the Azharite Secondary certificate is rewarded 84 Egyptian pounds.

The afore-mentioned rewards are given to a student if s/he gets a “very good” grade at least in the final exams of every academic year.

The reward is only given in the following academic year when the student achieves the above-mentioned grade. The reward is renewed if the afore-mentioned requirements are available.

Request for Answer Sheets Re-correction and Degree Recording:

Procedures pursued for answer sheets re-correction and degree recording:


When the examination results are announced, a student who wishes to contest the results shall submit a re-correction application to the dean of the faculty for approval.
Following the dean’s approval, the application is referred to the relevant Control Committee for consideration.
If it is proved that a student is entitled to additional marks, the employee in charge shall develop a report to and inform the General Administration of Education Affairs to take necessary actions for results’ amendments.
The competent employee informs the student of actions taken.



Redemption of Rewards:




A student submits a redemption form to the competent employee for approval. The form is addressed to the dean.
The payment officer signs the form indicating the amount of the reward.
The respective employee executes form (5 A.H).
The form shall be sent to the accounting unit and the officer in charge executes a check in the name of the student.
A student receives the check from the accounting unit and cashes it.
Readmission in another Faculty:



Documents withdrawal form is submitted to the dean.
A student withdraws documents in person and provides his/her national ID.
A student submits the withdrawn documents to the University’s Coordination Office for exhausted students.
A student buys an envelope from the University’s Coordination Office according to the specified amount.
A student goes to the Student Affairs Division at his/ her old Faculty to fill in the required data form as per the Education Affairs Division. The form is stamped by the Faculty’s seal.
A student hands the envelope to the Coordination Office for new students during the working hours thereof and according to the dates announced in the official gazettes or the Faculty.
Issuance of Provisional Certificates:


May 4, 2017



A student has to pass senior year final exam.
A student receives the certificate in person or sends his proxy.



A student submits an application to the Dean to approve papers withdrawal and issuance of the provisional certificate. The student determines the number of certificates required.
Upon the dean’s approval, a student heads to the respective officer.
The respective officer checks the student’s identity and verifies the dean’s approval.
A student goes to the Faculty treasury for payment of specified fees.
A student delivers payment receipt to the officer in charge and attaches it to his/her application.
When fees are paid, notification of discharge is completed in the Faculty, and photos and stamps are provided, the officer in charge issues the provisional certificates if the original certificate is not available in the storage. If otherwise, the graduate shall obtain it from the University Department of Education Affairs.
Prescribed Fees:


Fees declared in the faculty and decided by the University Council.

Specified Timelines:

          A student receives the provisional certificate within two days as of the application submission.

Issuance of the Original Certificate:

The following documents are provided for the issuance of the original certificate:


Original ID for review.
Payment receipt of the certificate fees.
The certificate is handed over to the relevant person.
The certificate is handed over to a third party by virtue of an authorized proxy from the notary office.
Service Providing Conditions:



A student shall pass the senior year final exam.
A student shall attend in person or sends his proxy.
Procedures to get a transcript:



A student applies to the Dean to obtain a transcript.
Upon approval a student heads to the officer in charge.
The officer in charge checks the student’s identity and verifies success in the senior year. The Dean’s approval has to be provided.
The officer in charge executes a payment order in the name of the student.
A student goes to the treasurer to pay the said fees.
A student attaches the payment order to the application and submits thereof to the relevant officer.
A student executes an acknowledgment of receipt of the transcript and submits thereof to the respective officer.
Prescribed Fees:


The fees declared in the faculty and decided by the University Council.

Specified Timelines:

The following day as of the application submission.

Correction of Student Data in the University



A student submits an application to the Dean clarifying the statement needs to be corrected in order to be referred to the Legal Affairs Department.
A student brings documents required to be corrected and sends them to the Legal Affairs Department of the University.
The application shall be submitted at the beginning of the academic year in order to inform the relevant authorities.
Prescribed Fees:


The fees stated in the Faculty and decided by the Council of University.

Specified Timeline:

The same day of the application submission.

Issuance of the Identification Card and Railway Subscription Form:



A student has completed his/her Faculty enrollment.



A student brings and submits the relevant form to the employee in charge of such academic group.
The employee in charge checks the veracity of the data and approves the form.
A student heads to the Dean to seal the form.





The Foundation of the Dormitories

4 May 2017

It has been decided to open the coordination of dormitories for the academic year 2016 – 2017 for two weeks as of Sunday 14/8/2016 to Thursday 1/9/2016, to receive applications from students, even though application envelops are being sold. 

Admission requirements for dormitories

4 May 2017

First: For old students (transfer years):


A student has to achieve "good" at least.
A student must not be a resident of the same governorate, or districts where the dormitory is located.
A student must not have been subjected to a previous penalty depriving him/ her from staying in the dormitory.
A student has applied for residence in the dormitory on the due date.
A Student has completed all the required documents.
Second: For new students (holders of Al-Azhar Secondary School Certificate):



Students have to be holders of Al-Azhar Secondary School Certificate, and must have been accepted by Al-Azhar University Admission’s Coordination Office.
Students must not be residences of the same governorate, or districts where the dormitory is located.
Students have applied for residence in the dormitory on the due date.
Students have completed all the required documents.
Third: Exceptional cases:


The exceptional cases are limited to the following:


Illness cases:
(Blindness – Poliomyelitis (infantile paralysis) - Parkinson's disease – obstructing amputation – critical illness cases which require staying near the university. The person with the above mentioned cases shall provide a medical certificate proving the case, approved by the University's General Directorate of Medical Affairs and by the defined medical committees.



Death of a father:
The death has to be during the academic year (within one year as of the date of the death till the beginning of the new academic year).



Occurrence of a disaster affecting the student socially.


Student's Dormitories Catering System

4 May 2017


Department of Catering at the dormitory supervises the dining rooms, kitchens, cleanliness and meals services (snacks or cooked). Three meals are offered a day.

Meal coupons are given to each student after showing her/his Residence Card and payment of the prescribed fees to the competent supervisor when requested.


Meals are served at the dining rooms in the following times:-
- Breakfast from 6:30 am till 9:30 am for males/females.


- Lunch from 12:00 noon till 16:00 pm for males.

- Lunch from 13:00 pm till 16:00 pm for females.

- Dinner from 18:00 pm till 21:00 pm for males.

- Dinner from 17:30 pm till 19:30 pm for females.

These times could be adjusted in accordance with the requirements of the conditions after the approval of the competent authority (person in charge of the dormitories).

If a student was absent during one meal, he/she will be charged with its value plus 10% administrative expenses and due penalties if any irregularities existed.

No student is allowed to the dining room unless they have their meal cards and their residence cards.

No student is allowed to the dining room if they wear inappropriate clothes, taking into account keeping order at the time of meals.

Meal Cards are a personal right and are not allowed to be passed on to others.

It is prohibited for students to take food to the bedroom except in a case of necessity; and it could only be kept in the kitchenette upon a permission from the Accommodation Administration.

No meals are served during official holidays.

In case of any complaints, students can go to the supervisor in charge of the dining room.

The Medical Care System:

The Medical Unit offers treatment and ambulance services to the students by going there in person or via the supervisor to take necessary procedures for treatment.

In case of necessity, and according to the diagnosis of the physician, the ambulance may transfer the student to the hospital.

Closing times for the university residences, its associated places and visits:

Closing time is at 18:00 pm in winter for females and at 20:00 pm in summer. No delays after 20:00 pm in winter and 21:00 pm in summer without taking permission.

Closing time for males is at 01:00 am for the whole week except on Thursdays and official holidays will be at midnight.

The absence and attendance sheet will be posted in the bulletin board in the building.

Closing time for meals in the dining room is at 09:30 am for breakfast, 16:00 pm for lunch, 21:00 pm for dinner for males and 19:30 pm for females.

Visiting hours are as follows:

For males: from 15:00 pm to 19:00 pm in summer and winter and from 10:00 am till 13:00 pm, in addition to regular times (on Fridays and official holidays).

For females: visiting hours will be from 14:00 pm till 17:00 pm and from 10:00 am to 17:00 pm (on Fridays and official holidays) .

Residence fees:

Payment process and residence due fees:

Students may pay the due fees on two installments (the first installment is paid at the beginning of the first semester and prior to student housing); the second installment is paid at the beginning of the second semester. Payment is made during the first nine days of the month. According to their social conditions, students have the right to pay monthly installments or choose other methods for installment payment.

Manifestation of residence fees:


100 pounds for buildings maintenance to be paid annually on two installments.
10 pounds for residence and meal dues to be paid in advance at the beginning of every month.
25 pounds as a deposit to be released at the end of the residence period, all the due amounts will be deducted before returning the deposit.
20 pounds as service development fees to be paid once a year, it shall be refund only in case of non-residence.
5 pounds as maintenance and consumption fees to be paid monthly.
5 pounds as additional service development fees to be paid monthly.
1 pound for ID encasement.
Students will pay the due fees according to the number of residence months; in case of staying more than 15 days during the departure month students shall pay the due fees for the whole month including the full maintenance and development fees.


All the due fees shall be collected from students in case they are in official vacation. A vacation request must be applied 48 hours prior to the vacation desired date, students must hand over the food coupons as well. In case of going to trips organized officially by the university, students shall be exempted from paying any meal due fees for the non-residence period on condition of applying the required documents for proof.

Participation in activities offered to students:

May 04, 2017

 Joining all activities is free for students.

1– A student applies for to activity performance at the student welfare Office in Nasr City dormitory, Imam Ali bin Taleb Building or the student welfare Office in Mubarak dormitory, Hassan Baccouri Building .

2. Specialized social workers, athletes and technicians are available in each office to guide students.

3. Winners of competitions and outstanding students shall be given valuable financial and in-kind prizes.

4- Most of the competitions, activities and seminars are held during the afternoons and evening shifts, also technical and sports centers are open during same said times.

Higher Studies

Important Regulations for students

With regard to students, who shall pass some subjects as condition for equivalency, can be registered. However, they shall not be registered before passing those subjects. Resolution of the University's Supreme Committee of Equivalency, dated 20/10/2007, included in the minutes approved by the president of the university on 28/10/2004, and approved by the University Council at its meeting no. 471, dated 11/12/2004.

Types of Certificates Reviewed by the University's Supreme Committee of Equivalency:

Resolution of Equivalency of Scientific Degrees Committee, rendered at the meeting no. 217, dated 21/8/2002, shall be applied. The Resolution stipulated the following:

All certificates of equivalency issued by the Supreme Council of Universities are exempted from being reviewed by the University's Equivalency of Scientific Degrees Committee, except for the following specializations (Fundamentals of Religion – Sharia – Islamic Studies – Islamic Studies in Foreign Languages – Arabic Language – Islamic Mission and Islamic Culture). Resolution of the University's Supreme Committee of Equivalency, dated 20/10/2004, included in the minutes approved by the president of the university on 28/10/2004, and approved by the University Council at its meeting no. 471, dated 11/12/2004.


In other words, the specializations, which are not mentioned above, shall be referred to the Secretary of the Supreme Council of Universities. After obtaining the equivalency certificate, the applicant shall apply directly to the faculty, in which he/ she wishes to be registered, such as (Medicine – Dentistry – Pharmacy – Engineering – Sciences – Agriculture – Education – Humanities – Home Economics … etc.).

Documents required to be submitted to the University's Supreme Committee of Equivalency (Masters – Doctorate):


An application from the applicant or his/her embassy addressed to the university vice president for students and education affairs, and the president of the University's Supreme Committee of Equivalency.
An application by the applicant or his/ her embassy addressed to the dean of the respective faculty.
A copy of the secondary school certificate, the original certificate of the license/ bachelor degree, endorsed by the competent authorities (Ministry of Foreign Affairs – Embassy of Egypt)
A statement of courses, certified by the competent authorities (Ministry of Foreign Affairs – Embassy of Egypt), and includes the title of the subjects, degrees, and learning hours. It is worthy noting that the applicant whose total degree is "pass" shall be declined.
Sealed manual of the faculty, from which the student has been graduated.
With regard to applicants, who got their master degree and wish to apply to get equivalency certificate for the purpose of the doctorate degree, shall provide the following additional documents:
The original master certificate, endorsed by (Ministry of Foreign Affairs – Embassy of Egypt).
A copy of the master thesis. The two papers on the formation and the decision of the examiners panel shall be endorsed.
The original certificate of the two preliminary years, certified by (Ministry of Foreign Affairs – Embassy of Egypt).
A stamped copy of the passport.
An amount of EGP 500 (five hundred pounds only) are paid to the University's expenses officer, upon providing the documents (master – doctorate).


Rate this article:

Copyright 2019 by Al-Azhar Al Sharif Terms Of Use Privacy Statement
Back To Top